Friday, July 1, 2011

Sea Breeze SunDress


I finally had the opportunity to do another photoshoot of my very busy toddler in her new Sea Breeze Sundress. I absolutely love the dress on her! It's simplistic in style, yet very classy.
I had to alter the pattern from size 6-9 months to a fitted 18 months, however being my daughter is a very slender 1 year old I actually left the width intact and just added length. I chose to leave the length just above the knees so she would not be constricted while playing. The weight of the yarn also makes the dress a little heavy. The bottoms of the dress do roll up, so I found a diaper cover to come in very handy. I considered making a diaper cover, though I think it would become too bulky, so borrowing a diaper cover from a little cotton sundress works very well.

Over all I am very pleased. I'm considering making yet another one in another color. Right now though, I'm working on a couple of other projects.


Pattern can be found at RAKJ Patterns website.



1 comment:

  1. she's so cute! that's a great color on her! good job!

    ReplyDelete